Are you expecting and considering collecting cord blood? Here are some facts you need to know before making your decision.
What is Peristem™?
- A new type of stem cell that is found in the tissue surrounding the blood vessels of your baby's umbilical cord.
- Peristem™ Stem Cells are the fundamental building blocks of structural tissues in our body.
- Peristem™ could be used to regenerate different tissues in the body including; bone, cartilage, muscle and fibre.
- CReATe Cord Blood and Peristem Stem Cell Bank is Canada's EXCLUSIVE licensed provider of Peristem™ service.
What are the benefits of Peristem™?
- simple collection
- safe- no risk to mother or baby
- could offer treatment for new range of diseases like; degenerative arthritis, heart disease, liver disease, multiple sclerosis, Type 1 diabetes, Lupus, Crohn's, cancer.
- may enhance cord blood treatment
- may significantly reduce transplant rejection
The Peristem™ program combined with CReATe's cord blood program provides parents with a unique opportunity of saving stem cells for the treatment of life-threatening diseases.
"Like" CReATe Cord Blood Bank on Facebook.